Are you looking to upgrade your bathroom without spending a fortune or committing to a full-on, gut-job renovation? Today, we’re looking at seven smart and easy bathroom upgrades that don’t require a general contractor.
The bathroom is one of the most private and personal spaces in your house. It’s where a large percentage of self-care routines take place. Between hair care, hot soaks, oral maintenance, and more, the average person spends a significant part of their days in this area. That’s why making it a space you want to spend time in is crucial.
However, not everyone has the time, budget, or ability (those renting) to commit to a total remodel. So then, what do you do when your bathroom is due for a makeover?
Continue scrolling to find out.
7 Ways to Upgrade Your Bathroom Without Remodeling
There’s no need to drop thousands and thousands of dollars on a bathroom reno. By implementing a few of these upgrades to your bathroom, you’ll be enjoying a more luxurious, spa-like sanctuary in no time.
Here’s how you can upgrade your bathroom without gutting the space:
- Update the Fixtures — The fixtures found in your bathroom are extremely telling of the last time the space was updated. If your faucets, drawer and cabinet hardware, and lights look dated, dingy, and underwhelming, it’s probably time to swap them for something more modern and updated.
It’s actually one of the simplest ways to update and improve your bathroom because it won’t cost you a lot of time or money to make the swap. Replacing old vanity pulls or knobs shouldn’t take more than thirty minutes, depending on how many of them there are.
Moreover, if you’re experienced and confident enough, you could make a DIY project out of it. Just make sure you take proper precautions, such as turning off the electricity and water before you begin.
- Add a Glass Shower Door — Many homeowners opt for a shower curtain, which is sufficient in most cases. But if you’re looking for something more than “sufficient,” a lot more sanitary, and want to modernize the space, look into glass shower doors for your tub and/or shower.
Frameless (AKA European shower doors) and framed shower doors are an elegant and effective way to update your bathroom. Glass doors create the appearance of more space and light, helping your bathroom feel larger.
Not only that, but there are many ways to customize your selection, such as clear glass that shows off your tile. Or maybe you want something a bit more private: rain glass; and everything in between. You’ll also love that shower glass doors are surprisingly affordable.
- A Fresh Coat of Paint — If your bathroom paint job is looking a little rough or maybe your bathroom is mostly one color, consider giving it a coat of paint or two to freshen things up. A quick paint job on your vanity and walls can make a huge difference.
You can add instant personality to your space by painting the cupboards or walls your favorite color. Just because a bathroom is a private area doesn’t mean it has to lack charm, character, or appeal. Actually, if you’re apprehensive about going “big” with a paint color in another room, the bathroom is a perfect place to test out the waters.
- Set the Mood With a Dimmer — Another easy way to elevate your bathroom experience on a daily basis is to put all of the lighting on a dimmer switch. Having your bathroom be super bright is nice (and necessary) while you’re grooming, doing your makeup, or cleaning. But not having the option to dim it periodically is frankly a mistake!
Think about it: You know those mornings when you just need a moment for your eyes to adjust and to wake up? Or those evening bubble baths where you want to wind down and relax? The option to dim the lights and cultivate a cozy, peaceful environment is essential.
- Swap Out Your Mirror — Mirrors are an essential part of any bathroom. But if your bathrooms haven’t been updated, chances are, they are still the builder-grade mirrors that were originally installed. Of course, these mirrors are functional and perfectly fine, but if you want to update your space, a custom mirror, designed and cut to your exact specifications, is key!
Maybe you want something in a unique shape, or require a specific size, or want a wall, top to bottom, covered in mirrors; custom mirrors are the way to go.
- Add Artwork — The bathroom tends to take the backseat when it comes to decorating and staging. But adding artwork and other types of wall decor instantly adds personality and can elevate the space. Try hanging some eye-catching pieces above your bathtub or toilet. You’ll notice it helps the entire room feel more put together and thought out.
- Switch Out Your Textiles — One major perk of the bathroom is that it is full of semi-noncommittal selections that you can swap out whenever you’d like. Updating your bathroom’s textiles can be as transformative to the space as an allover paint job.
Start with swapping out your shower curtain, towels, and rugs. There are luxe versions that can really refine and modernize the space. Instead of a standard terry cloth bath mat, opt for an antique, one-of-a-kind rug. Change out your plastic shower curtain rings for higher-end metal ones. Or replace your current soap dish with one made of glass or ceramic. The options are endless, and the moment you want to change it out, you easily can!
Let Northern Utah Glass Help Upgrade Your Bathroom
Are you looking to upgrade your bathroom? The experts at Northern Utah Glass can help!
Northern Utah Glass is dedicated to supplying quality glass products and services to Utah home and business owners. Whether you need custom mirrors, shower doors, windows, or something more, our professionals are here for you.
Our company is built on trust, honesty, and hard work and strives to focus on safety, customer satisfaction, affordability, and energy efficiency. We are committed to providing quality commercial and residential glass installation and repair services in Weber, Davis, and Salt Lake County in Utah.
If you want a free quote or are ready to schedule a free, in-home estimate, contact our team today.