Heading out to the gym isn’t always an option, but every home gym needs some essential equipment to be just as functional.
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on everyone’s lives this year, making normal routines like heading to the local gym impossible. Having a home gym of some kind allows you to keep up with your fitness amidst the uncertainty. Here are six items you can easily add to your setup at home:
- Exercise mats. Whether you’re doing stretches, yoga, ab workouts, or push-ups, you’ll be much more comfortable with a mat under you. You can purchase a single mat or buy tiled mat pieces to create a suitable floor with maximum comfort.
- Free weights. Adding a set of dumbbells to standard exercises like lunges or squats can hugely impact the results of your workouts. As with many things during the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a shortage of free weights to be found. You can always get creative by finding household items to use in place of weights, such as a gallon of water or large cans. In the face of another free weights shortage, you might also consider using a kettlebell, which is a highly effective workout weight.
- Resistance bands.Even more affordable than weights, there are limitless, highly effective exercise movements you can do with resistance bands. Plus, they take up hardly any room or weight in your suitcase to pack in a sweat session while you’re traveling.
- Speaker. Every home gym needs some music. Adding a simple USB speaker to your setup is an easy way to play the tunes that pump you up. Playing great jams is scientifically proven to improve your exercise routine, so turn up the volume!
- Gym mirror. You’ll see mirrors in any major gym you visit, and there are good reasons why. Even experienced gym-goers need to be able to see their body position and form when trying a new stretch or exercise. In a home gym, where there isn’t a personal trainer to check your form, gym mirrors allow you to make sure you’re performing movements properly and safely.Another benefit is the aesthetic quality because mirrors reflect light and make a space seem larger than it is. Your home gym is likely to be housed in a dark basement corner or small bedroom, and anything you can do to make these areas seem bigger and brighter will drastically improve your workout experience. While there are many ways to go about installing mirrors in your home gym, getting professionally installed, high-quality mirrors is the safest route and is more affordable than you might think.
- Jump rope.Don’t sleep on this great option for getting your cardio in. Jumping rope is an excellent way to get your heart rate up while also giving your arms, shoulders, core, and legs a workout.
Contact Northern Utah Glass
There are limitless ways to improve your at-home workout experience, but these are some of the basics that every home gym needs. If you’re ready to add a quality mirror to your setup, look no further than Northern Utah Glass. We create custom mirrors that are measured and cut to your specific needs. Contact us for a free quote, and give your Utah home gym the upgrade it needs! We serve Weber, Davis, and Salt Lake counties.