As a business owner, you know that the right choice of commercial glass doors can significantly impact your establishment’s aesthetics, functionality, and security. Whether you’re opening a new location, renovating your existing space, or simply upgrading your doors, making informed decisions is essential to ensure you get the best value for your investment.
Commercial glass doors serve multiple purposes beyond just being an entry point for customers and employees. They can reflect your brand image, create an inviting ambiance, and provide a seamless connection between indoor and outdoor spaces. However, choosing the right commercial glass door can be overwhelming with the number of available options. That’s why we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to help you make the best choice for your business.
In this blog, we’ll walk you through the key factors to consider when selecting a commercial glass door, help you understand the different types of doors available, and guide you in assessing your business needs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Commercial Glass Doors
Selecting the right storefront door requires careful consideration of various factors. From durability and design to energy efficiency and compliance with codes and regulations, each aspect plays a crucial role in making an informed decision. Here are some key factors to keep in mind:
- Look for a storefront door made from high-quality materials, such as tempered or laminated glass, which are more resistant to breakage and impact.
- Consider reinforced frames made from durable materials like aluminum or steel to ensure long-lasting performance.
- Choose a commercial glass door with robust locking mechanisms like deadbolts or multipoint locks to enhance security.
- Consider the thickness and type of glass used, as thicker glass can increase resistance to forced entry.
- Look for doors with impact-resistant glass, which can be a wise choice for high-traffic areas or locations prone to extreme weather conditions.
- Energy Efficiency:
- Select a storefront door with proper insulation, such as double or triple glazing, to minimize heat or cold transfer and improve energy efficiency.
- Consider doors with Low-E (low-emissivity) glass coatings, which can help reduce heat gain or loss, improving energy performance.
- Look for storefront glass with weatherstripping or seals that provide effective insulation against drafts and weather elements.
- Design and Aesthetics:
- Consider the style of the doors, whether modern, traditional, or custom, to ensure that they align with the overall aesthetics of your business space.
- Look for frame options that complement the design of your establishment, such as aluminum, steel, or wood frames.
- Explore customization possibilities, such as decorative glass options, etched or frosted glass, or branding elements, to add a unique touch to your doors.
- Compliance with Codes and Regulations:
- Ensure the storefront glass meets your location’s local building codes and safety regulations.
- Check if the doors comply with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements for accessibility, including proper door width, hardware height, and maneuverability.
- Verify that the doors have necessary safety features, such as glazing, to comply with relevant regulations and standards.
By carefully evaluating these factors and selecting storefront glass doors that meet your business’s unique needs, you can ensure that you make a wise and informed decision, resulting in durable, secure, energy-efficient, aesthetically pleasing, and compliant doors for your establishment.
Understanding Different Types of Commercial Glass Doors
Commercial glass doors come in various styles and types, each with unique features, functionality, and design. Understanding the different kinds of commercial glass doors available in the market is crucial to make an informed decision that aligns with your business needs. Here are some common types of commercial glass doors:
- Swinging Doors: Swinging doors, or hinged doors, are the most common type of commercial glass doors. They typically swing inwards or outwards on hinges and can be single or double doors. Swinging doors are versatile, suitable for various applications, and can be customized with multiple glass options, frames, and hardware.
- Sliding Doors: Sliding doors, also known as bypass doors, are popular for commercial spaces with limited floor space. They operate by sliding horizontally on tracks and are ideal for areas with heavy foot traffic. Sliding doors are available in single or multiple panels and can be customized with different glass types, frames, and hardware options.
- Revolving Doors: Revolving doors are a sophisticated and energy-efficient option for high-traffic commercial spaces, such as hotels, hospitals, or airports. They consist of multiple panels that rotate around a central axis, allowing for simultaneous entry and exit. Revolving doors enhance security, weather resistance, and energy efficiency by minimizing drafts and air exchange.
- Automatic Doors: Automatic doors are a convenient and accessible option for commercial spaces with high foot traffic or accessibility requirements. They can be swinging, sliding, or revolving doors equipped with sensors or push buttons for automatic operation. Automatic doors provide easy entry and exit, comply with ADA requirements, and can be energy-efficient with proper sensors and settings.
Understanding the different types of commercial glass doors available can help you choose the right style and functionality that best fits your business needs. Consider factors such as space availability, traffic flow, aesthetics, accessibility requirements, and energy efficiency when selecting commercial glass for your establishment.
Assessing Your Business Needs
Before selecting commercial glass doors for your business, it’s essential to assess your specific needs to ensure that you make the right choice. Consider factors such as the nature of your business, the location of your establishment, the level of foot traffic, security requirements, aesthetic preferences, and budget constraints.
By thoroughly evaluating your business needs, you can make an informed decision and choose commercial glass doors that are functional, durable, visually appealing, and aligned with your business goals.
Elevate Your Entrance with Northern Utah Glass
With over 15 years of experience, Northern Utah Glass is your trusted source for commercial glass doors and any other commercial glass needs in Weber County, Davis County, and Salt Lake County. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality and affordable glass repair and installation services that meet the unique needs of businesses like yours.
Contact us today using our online form or call us at 802-729-7362, and let’s talk about your needs and how we can help. Our skilled professionals will work closely with you to ensure you get the perfect commercial glass that elevates your business to new heights. Request a free quote now and experience the Northern Utah Glass difference!