New home construction is an exciting time. You make so many decisions and want everything to work out perfectly. From picking out the perfect cabinets, countertops, paint, and decor to choosing the best windows and doors for your new home, it may seem overwhelming. Take a few minutes to read about the 6 top-of-the-line window brands, so you make the most informed decision for your windows.
Types of Windows
When researching windows for a home, there are various options you can choose, including double-hung, double slide, and triple pane. Other options include:
- Casement Window – Hinged windows operate by a turn of a crank in an operating fashion and can be hinged on the left or right to open outward.
- Awning Windows – Hinged at the top, awning windows open outward to let in air from the left or right and the bottom. They can be installed above, below, or alongside a stationary operating window.
- Picture Window – A large stationary window that lets in the maximum amount of light and views of the outdoors, usually found in living rooms or kitchens.
- Transom Window – A narrow window that can either be installed to let air in (operating) or mounted above a door or window to allow for more light. (non-operating)
- Slider Window – Glides along a track with at least one operating window that slides horizontally over or past the other window. Most often used in modern or contemporary-style homes.
- Stationary Window – Doesn’t open but can be customized in almost any angle or shape. Found in modern or contemporary homes with operating windows.
- Bay or Bow Windows – Offering more interior space, they protrude out from the siding exterior. A combination of windows often paired with a stationary window in the middle surrounding by double-hung or casement windows.
Top Window Brands
You want the best for your new home but don’t want to spend a small fortune on windows. Good news, these high-quality windows are affordable when you have work with a company that has relationships with professional window manufacturers. The following window brands are top quality and give your home a beautiful look and are products Northern Utah Glass carries.
A company serving North America for more than 75 years, Plygem offers windows in various sizes, styles, and colors to match your needs and preference. They offer vinyl, aluminum-clad, aluminum, and wood composite, and are the #1 window manufacturer in the U.S. They carry all of the above types of windows and more.
With over 50 years of innovation and backed by a full lifetime warranty, Milgard is one of the largest and most trusted names in home windows, serving the Western U.S. and Canada. They are designed and assembled in the U.S. and feature eco-friendly practices. They have several types of windows, including specialty ones.
Enjoy 125 years of combined experience with Sierra Pacific Windows, where products are installed in 30 countries worldwide. The company is among the largest millwork producers and lumber companies in the U.S. Their windows are encased in heavy-duty extruded aluminum, twice as thick as roll-form cladding. They don’t compromise on quality or service.
More than a half-century of integrity and innovation, AMSCO Windows makes the best vinyl and composite windows and doors. They keep a sustainable business with recycled materials and energy-efficient products. With several series that boast the highest quality and unique colors and styles, AMSCO Windows have a lifetime warranty.
Established in 1986, Amerimax has enjoyed over 34 years of success and can boast about producing the first energy-efficient glass in the West. They carry durable windows with a lifetime limited warranty, with customized options that fit your needs and budget. You can’t go wrong with Amerimax in your new home.
Proudly made in the U.S., MI Windows is one of the nation’s largest suppliers of vinyl and aluminum windows and patio doors. With over 70 years of experience, MI Windows has several beautiful colors, including vibrant colors like forest green and cocoa. All of the materials are crafted with only the best materials for function and style.
Ready for New Windows?
As you can see, Northern Utah Glass carries various window types from the best manufacturers in the U.S. If you’re in the market for windows in a new home or need to upgrade your windows, we invite you to contact us today. With over 15 years of experience serving Weber, Davis, and Salt Lake County, we strive to provide our customers with only the best products and services at affordable rates.